It appears that, at least since December, Simmers have been plagued with a bug that prevents them from loading up their families. Apparently they got kicked out to the neighborhood screen upon loading the file. This issue has been finally resolved as of today in the January 13th patch!
Another interesting bug that was fixed today made the fertility rate skyrocket, causing a new baby boomer generation! Aside from that, Johnny Zest will finally have his name spelled correctly after seemingly being swapped around for no reason!
Patch Notes: Version 220.127.116.110
- Fixed an issue that resulted in our players being unable to load their household after installing the 12/16 patch, and instead being bounced back to the neighborhood map. The community was very helpful in identifying this issue (providing feedback and save files), thank you!
- Fixed an issue where the game would become unresponsive on load if the player had a large number of households, rooms, and lots in their My Library sort.
- Sim fertility levels had reached an all-time high recently, and twins were popping out all over! Our specialists have examined the issue, and administered a correction to the abundant babies. Sims should no longer find they are having twins (or triplets) at an alarming rate.
- Fixed an issue that prevented career progress from properly tracking the Sims skill progression towards career goals.
- Working out on workout equipment will no longer count towards the play chess daily goal for the Astronaut career.
- We fixed an issue that was a result of this: let’s say you had a Sim, we’ll call him Joe, and he lived in a household, say the Smiths, and you uploaded Joe, also known as Joe Smith, to the Gallery, and then you decided to add Joe to the Jones’ household by downloading him from the Gallery, thus now creating Joe Jones, and then you edited Joe Jones in Create a Sim, this would also modify Joe Smith.
- The “In Need of a Break” buff is no longer in need of a break, and now correctly displays its information in the hover tip.
- Zest Johnny will henceforth be known as… Johnny Zest!
- Fixed an issue that could result in “bad things” when attempting to merge a Sim from the gallery into a household that already has a copy of that Sim in it.
- Fixed an issue that could result in “bad things” when attempting to merge a household from the gallery into a household that already has a copy of that household in it.
- We however failed to fix the repetitive nature of some of our release notes.
- The Venue Wall Speaker: Spooky has made a return to the catalog after spending some time on the ‘other side’ to re-spookify itself.
- Lots placed from the gallery that have used the move objects cheat will no longer delete their moo’d objects when the lot is placed.
- The National Park venue now has tuning associated with it… so Sims who show up will know they can leave, rather than lingering around indefinitely, wandering aimlessly with no apparent purpose, direction, or desire (they could have at least played music…).
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the user from uploading multiple rooms to the gallery if the rooms were uploaded consecutively.
UI / Text
- Fixed an interface focus issue where the eyedropper tooltip was preventing the eyedropper from properly functioning.
- Fixed an issue that occurred when opening a modal window on top of an open inventory stack, which would cause the stack to fail to correctly display.
- Text will no longer overlap itself in the phone menu if the text string is too long.
- You can once again add a description to your Rooms and Lots that you upload to the gallery, rather than using the comment field… which was ingenious!
- You will no longer be told twice that you can take Family Leave if there is more than one eligible Sim.