The Sims is celebrating its 15th anniversary with a new update for The Sims 4!
The main menu of the game has been revamped, adding banners, links to the latest patch notes and forums, and a Create New Household button for active saves.
Family trees are back, now called Genealogy. A Sim’s family tree can be accessed by clicking the Genealogy button in the Simology panel. Hovering over a Sim’s portrait will display their name, career, spouse, relation to the selected Sim, and cause of death if applicable. Married Sims are differentiated by a pink line connecting their portraits in the tree.
New Valentine’s themed clothing were added to Create-A-Sim, including one t-shirt per gender, boxers for men, and lingerie for women.
Four new objects can be found in Build Mode, including:
- Happy Gnomiversary!
- Bearly Gnome
- The “Lots of Love” Bear
- Venue Wall Speaker: Winter Holiday
Whims (excluding emotional ones) can now be pinned, preventing them from being cycled out. To do so, hover over a whim and click the small Pin button.
Four new legacy achievements!
- Legacy Player: Play a household for ten generations or more.
- Alphabet Legacy: Play a household for 26 generation or more.
- Legendary Legacy: Play a household for 100 generations or more.
- Legacy Leader: Have ten households in the world that have been played for ten generations or more.
Adjustments / Bug Fixes
- The infamous bug causing bartenders to ignore incoming drink orders has been patched.
- Dates can be had on the currently active lot.
- Fireplaces will no longer set ceiling lights and objects on the mantle ablaze, and the chance of fire spreading to nearby objects has been reduced.
- Sims outside of your current household will now wave goodbye when leaving the active lot.
- Outdoor Retreat: Sims can no longer enter the Bramble Patch while uncomfortable.